The Dance Umbrella of Ontario (DUO) is a non-membership, client-based organization that provides quality management and administrative support to professional dance artists in Ontario and actively works to facilitate their success. DUO fosters a healthy dance community by promoting communication and interaction between and among dance artists, dance organizations, dance presenters, funders and the public.
- We believe that dance is a vital part of a healthy community.
- We believe that the work created by dance artists is of value and should be appropriately recognized.
- We believe that an artist’s vision, and the audience, benefit from good business practices.
Core Operating Principles
- We maintain the operating principle of first-come, first served.
- We treat all clients with respect and strive to work for them all equally.
- We will at all times respect the confidentiality of clients and staff.
- We will at all times strive to work with clarity, integrity and transparency and expect the same from our clients.
- We respect and work toward work/life balance for our staff and encourage that for our clients.
- We create opportunities that promote audience development and engagement.
We gratefully acknowledge the support of our public funders, who help us in providing affordable arts management services to Ontario resident dance professionals.