Dance Umbrella of Ontario (DUO) is a not-for-profit provider of management services to Ontario’s dance enterprises. DUO actively seeks to facilitate the success of such enterprises. DUO strengthens the dance sector through pro-active engagement in strategic and progressive initiatives.
The Dance Umbrella of Ontario (DUO) aspires to become a centre of excellence and innovation, fostering the entrepreneurial spirit of Ontario’s professional dance artists. DUO aims to cultivate the potential and capacity of Ontario’s professional dance sector by providing high quality, creative and tailored services that meet the diverse business needs of dance enterprises. DUO strives to contribute to the health and vitality of the Ontario dance environment through strategic and progressive initiatives.
The Dance Umbrella of Ontario’s core values shape the culture and define the character of our organization. They guide how we behave and make decisions.
- We treat each other with respect.
- We work with people who share our values.
- We celebrate our successes and foster a culture of continuous improvement.
- We are candid and open with each other, our clients, partners and the community.
- We live up to our promises.
- We bring ideas to the table and work with artists who do the same.
- Our work with artists and each other is in the service of positive impact.
- We consider brave ideas where the risk is calculated.
- We have fun while working hard.
- We maintain and encourage a healthy work/life balance.
We gratefully acknowledge the support of our public funders, who help us in providing affordable arts management services to Ontario resident dance professionals.