Saturday, July 21, 2012
Harbourfront Centre, Redpath Stafe, 235 Queens Quay West, Toronto, ON
Hip Hop dancers, Bboys, Krumpers, Poppers, House Dancers and many more will come together to compete and share with each other the unique energy that only exists in Street Dance Culture. After qualifiers, 8 top teams will compete on music varying from Funk, House music, Classical, Hiphop, and even Top40. Event Free to the public! In collaboration with Harbourfront Centre’s Hot & Spicy Festival.
::: 4 things you can rely on from any Gadfly battle:::
1. The music has to be hype: Dj B Bad
2. Judges need to be solid: Tricky Troublez (FAM), Dementia, Mark Samuels
3. Come early because the event will be short (We want to eat the festival’s food so be there for 3:01pm max)
4. Winners will receive Cash prize! ..not a swag bag, or “exposure” =o)
::: 3 Reason why we’re MAKING HISTORY:::
1. We are making up a new battle format judged on 4 specific criteria: Technique, Orginality, Choreography skills and Gadflyness.
2. For the 1st time everrrr Street dancers battling will be treated as PROFESSIONAL Performers: All teams making it to Semi-finals WILL GET PAID.
3. The winners automatically qualify for TUDS Street Dance Festival coming August 2012
must register by email (dancers names and team name) to reserve a spot.
($5 entry fee / exxxxtra limited spots): email@example.com
More details coming soon in our website. Any questions?- just hit us up.